PUBH 610 and PUBH 613 are two new core courses that will be required for MPH, MS, and Advanced Certificate students entering in Fall 2019. We will begin offering these courses in Fall 2018 to interested students. You can find sample syllabi below:
- PUBH 610: Public Health Leadership and Management
- PUBH 613: Designs, Concepts, and Methods in Public Health Research
Am I required to take these courses?
No, PUBH 610 and PUBH 613 are not required for students entering CUNY SPH prior to Fall 2019.
Am I eligible to take these courses?
During Fall 2018 only, interested MPH, MS, and Advanced Certificate students can take:
- PUBH 610 in place of HPAM 610
- PUBH 613 in place of EPID 610 or EPID 611
When are these courses offered in Fall 2018?
- PUBH 610 is offered as a hybrid course, Wednesday, 5–6pm
- PUBH 613 is offered in-person, Tuesday, 4-5:50pm (lecture)/Thursday, 5-6PM (lab)
- See Fall 2018 Schedule
I am currently registered for HPAM 610 and/or EPID 610/611 for Fall 2018, but I am interested in taking these new courses instead. Can I swap?
Yes, you can swap classes through CUNYFirst (see guide).
If you have additional questions, please reach out to Advising@sph.cuny.edu.