PUBH 611, PUBH 612, and PUBH 614 are three new core courses that will be required for MPH, MS, and Advanced Certificate students entering in Fall 2019. We will begin offering these courses in Spring 2019 to interested students. You can find sample syllabi below:
- PUBH 611: Health Equity, Communication, and Advocacy
- PUBH 612: Designing and Evaluating Public Health Interventions
- PUBH 614: Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis Methods in Public Health Research
Am I eligible to take these courses?
During Spring 2019 only, interested MPH, MS, and Advanced Certificate in Public Health students can take:
- PUBH 611 as an elective (not applicable for Advanced Certificate students)
- PUBH 612 as an elective (not applicable for Advanced Certificate students)
- PUBH 614 in place of BIOS 610 or BIOS 611
For electives, please consult with your faculty advisor.
Am I required to take these courses?
No, PUBH 611, PUBH 612, and PUBH 614 are not required for students entering CUNY SPH prior to Fall 2019.
When are these courses offered in Spring 2019?
- PUBH 611 is offered as a hybrid course, Monday, 4–5:50pm
- PUBH 612 is offered as a hybrid course, Monday, 6-7:50pm
- PUBH 614 is offered in-person, Tuesday, 5-7:50pm
- See Spring 2019 schedule
I registered for BIOS 610 for Spring 2019, but I am interested in taking PUBH 614 instead. Can I swap?
Yes, you can swap classes through CUNYFirst (see guide).
If you have additional questions, please reach out to Advising@sph.cuny.edu.