Before registering for classes, we recommend you set up an appointment with an advisor to review your academic progress.
You should register for classes through CUNYfirst. Below are some resources that can help:
- How to View Enrollment Appointment Dates
- How to View Schedule of Classes (or you can use CUNYfirst Global Search)
- How to Use Class Shopping Cart
- How to Enroll
- How to Drop Classes
- How to Swap Classes
- How to View My Class Schedule
- Recommended Courses for New Students
If you have additional questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar.
The maximum enrollment during the Fall and Spring semesters is 16 credits each, 4 credits during the Winter term, and 10 credits during the Summer term. Exceptions to the maximum term enrollment must be approved by the School.
If you wish to enroll for additional credits, please submit a Credit Overload Request.
If you have taken courses at a different institution and would like to apply the credits toward your SPH degree, you should fill out a Transfer Credit Request for each course.
Before requesting a transfer of credits, please ensure you fulfill the following criteria:
- You earned a B or higher in the class
- The class was taken in the last five years
- The class was not applied toward a completed degree
- 70% of your coursework is still being completed at SPH
Please see the SPH Academic Policies for more information.
To receive a course waiver or to substitute a previously taken course for a course at SPH, you should fill out a Waiver or Substitution Request. If you are requesting a substitution, you must upload a syllabus for the substitute course via the provided link.
Please note that an approved course waiver or substitution only waives you from the requirement to take that one course, not from the required number of credits to graduate. Students who wish to transfer credits should fill out a Transfer Credit Request.
Before requesting a change in concentration, you should first speak with an advisor and the Department Chair to ensure that this change aligns with your academic and professional goals. To request a change in concentration, you should fill out this form.
Students who are ready to graduate should complete the following steps:
- Submit an Intent to Graduate Form
- Obtain the applicable Program of Study Worksheet from the links below and in consultation with your Faculty Advisor print and fill out the form.
- Your Faculty Advisor must submit this form by the set deadline to the Office of the Registrar in order for a student to ‘officially apply to graduate.’
Graduation applications will be processed and audited after the filing date. Students will be contacted via email to their institutional email account if there are any problems.
Only one commencement ceremony is held each year in June. All students who have applied for or earned a degree or certificate for that academic year will receive commencement information via email.
The application deadline for Fall 2017 is October 5th.